Mental Health Panel – Recording of April 14 Panel
Many parents and professionals from across Ontario joined together on April 14 2020 to participate in the Virtual Mental Health Panel: Surviving The Pandemic Alone With Your Kids. Our Panelists Dr. Melanie Penner, Dori Zener & Janet Greener were amazing as they answered questions and provided support, encouragement and some practical tips to help survive this chaotic and scary time.
You can watch now and access some of the resources and materials that our panelists shared with the audience.
Our panelists mentioned several different resources, and I am including them here. Please feel free to share this with others who are looking for support.
Finally, I am providing the contact info for the panelists, if you wish to get further support from them in the future.
Dori Zener, Dori Zener & Associates
Janet Greener, Beechwood Brainery Inc.
Dr. Melanie Penner, Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Apps and Websites Mentioned
- Go Noodle – https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Social Story on Covid19 https://pond-network.ca/covid-19/
- BACES https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/BACES.pdf
- Here is a daily schedule that can be used to plan out BACES activities to help maintain positive well-being. https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/BACEdiary.pdf
Other Resources To Help Parents During This Time
- UNESCO – My Hero Is You – https://en.unesco.org/news/my-hero-you-childrens-book-cope-covid-19